The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

First Page | Prev Page
Entries 161 - 161 of 161


Whozit and mom


I found Whozit on a bright Memorial Day, 1991, dashing through traffic; with horns honking and brakes screeching to herald her arrival. The little orphan came right to me and adopted me on the spot. She was a scruffy, filthy, 13 pd. Yorkie & it took two days, four baths, a groomer & a buzz cut to clean her up.

Adopting people and pets; adding them to her fan club was something that came easily to Whozit Louise.

She always ran everywhere she went & my mother declared Whozit had "springs in her ---" because she could jump like an Olympian.

Then, 12 years ago, a van ran a red light, hitting my car and tossing Whozie into the passenger's door, nearly severing her spinal cord in two places and paralyzing her. Later, that day, after hours of surgery, she was sporting seven nuts and bolts down her spine and was the star patient at the emergency clinic. She wasn't supposed to survive, but she did. I was able to bring her home two days later. I thanked God every single day after that, that she chose to stay with me for a little while longer.

That summer she got her first set of wheels and Whozit was off and running. She wore the first set out and was wearing the second set out, chasing ducks, poodles and bugs, when she was diagnosed with heart failure on October 1, 2003. Her decline was too fast.

So, on another sunny day, October 9, 2003, we took "our little girl" to dear Dr. Bock's for the last time.

I miss you .... Mom

Top of page